Spring House Tavern
Now Celebrating 71 Years of Ownership by the Burns Family!
The Spring House Tavern was established in the year 1719. Through the decades, the popular Tavern has been a landmark at the busy intersection of Sumneytown Pike, Norristown Road and Bethlehem Pike.
Jim Burns owned the Spring House Tavern since 1987, but worked in his family’s business his whole life. Jim’s life was devoted to making the Spring House Tavern a warm and welcoming restaurant for his customers. He was the head chef since the early 1980’s, but could also be found landscaping and managing the business. He made significant changes to the restaurant including building the banquet rooms, adding the beautiful terrace, and renovating the bistro bar. Jim passed away in January 2015 and passed the restaurant on to the next generation. We look forward to carrying on Jim’s legacy and passion for the Spring House Tavern.
– Karleigh & Marisa Burns